Suståne Soil ReGen® Structural Soil Conditioner 1-1-1
Suståne Soil ReGen is a soil conditioner that reduces compaction and increases water and air infiltration of soils while also improving the nutrient and water holding capacity. Suståne Soil ReGen supplies organic-rich and biologically stable humus, humic acids, beneficial microorganisms, and organic nutrients - all in dry, uniform particle size.
Made with Aerobic Compost, Zeolite, Pumice, Biochar, Mycorrhizae, Humates, and Organic Macro and Micronutrients.
Soil ReGen is used for amending soils on golf courses, landscape beds, athletic fields, commercial turf, and home lawns. Apply Soil ReGen to improve water infiltration and to relieve compaction in stressed turf areas. Use Soil ReGen for land reclamation, bio-remediation, and rebuilding of disturbed or depleted soils. Incorporate into the soil to improve the structure, increase permeability, and improve the establishment of turf seeding and sod installations.
Benefits of Suståne Soil ReGen
Improves soil structure:
- Helps reduce soil compaction
- Aerates soil and improves oxygen availability in soil
- Increases infiltration and permeability
- Improves soil aggregation
Increases Nutrients and Water Holding Capacity:
- Holds nutrients and water in the soil
- High cation exchange capacity allows plants to more effectively utilize nutrients while reducing loss by leaching
- Increases water holding capacity
Provides Stabilized Organic Matter (Humus):
- Aids the colonization of beneficial soil microorganisms
- Supplies humic acid and encourages vigorous root growth
- Provides carbohydrates such as alginic acid and mannitol
- Contains mycorrhizae for improved nutrient and water uptake, and increased plant stress tolerance
Provides Organic Plant Nutrition:
- Balanced, slow-release fertility
- Contains a wide range of naturally occurring plant nutrients and trace minerals
Suståne Soil ReGen Key Ingredients:
Aerobic compost from Suståne is biologically stable, microbially diverse, rich in plant nutrients, humic substances, and high-quality organic matter. Aerobic compost is the foundation for improving soils. USDA Biobased.
Biochar is made from biomass via pyrolysis to form a stable, carbon-rich soil amendment that acts as a scaffold that retains nutrients, binds organic by-products, and supports microbial growth for improved nutrient cycling.
Humates are a naturally-occurring, carbon residues that can enhance root uptake of nutrients and further stimulate soil microbial life.
Pumice is highly porous and holds both water and air— critical to well-conditioned, aerated soils. With a naturally lightweight structure, it provides an excellent platform for supporting the root systems of diverse plants on green roofs and other urban settings.
Zeolite has a large surface area and the molecular structure and porosity provide the ability to retain moisture and nutrients in a manner complementary to pumice.
Mycorrhizae are mutualistic fungi that enhance plant growth and health by improving nutrient and water uptake and protecting against root pathogens. They affect available soil nutrition, the physical structure of the soil, and the number of and types of other organisms present in the soil. It is a “Facilitator” that brings nutrients to plant roots, exudes “Glomalin” to improve soil structure, and actually fill up available entry sites along roots to inhibit pathogens from attacking. Suståne supplies a specifically selected suite of four endo mycorrhizae species which are a critical component of healthy soils.
|0.1% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|0.1% Water Soluble Nitrogen|
|0.8% Water Insoluble Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||1%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||1%|
*0.8% slow-release nitrogen from composted turkey litter and feather meal.
NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS
Rhizophagus irregularis 0.84 spores/g
Rhizophagus clarus 0.12 spores/g
Septoglomus deserticola 0.12 spores/g
Claroideoglomus etunicatum 0.12 spores/g
Available Particle Sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)
Rates and Application:
- 50 lb. covers 1000 ft2 @ 0.5 lb. N per 1000 ft2 (22 lb. N per acre)
- 22.67 kg covers 93 m2 @ 0.25 kg N per 100 m2 (25 kg N per hectare)
Turf Establishment (Pre-plant):
Broadcast and Incorporate into the top 4 in. (10 cm) of soil.
Blend in 60 to 80 lb. per yd3 (30-40 kg per m3) of soil mix to provide 0.6 to 0.8 lb of N per yd3 (0.3 to 0.4 kg of N per m3).
Renovating Landscapes & Garden Beds:
Use 16 to 24 lb. per 100 square feet of bed (7 to 11 kg per 10 m2)