Suståne 2-3-3 Concentrated Compost
for Rebuilding Depleted Soils and Providing Rapid Vegetative Establishment in Environmentally Sensitive Areas
|Label||Spec Sheet||SDS||STA Certificate|
Suståne Concentrated Compost 2-3-3 provides the benefits of a biologically stable aerobic compost rich compost in a concentrated, dry form. Concentrated Compost is easy to apply and replenishes the soil with a rich supply of stabilized organic matter and essential nutrients required for quality growth.
Suitable for revegetation projects, rapid vegetative establishment, erosion control, wetlands and watershed areas, native plant areas, dune and beach restoration, burn area reestablishment, mine site reclamation, oil/gas/coal right of ways and pipelines, highway roadside establishment, protected natural areas, forests, parks and landscapes.
Benefits of Suståne Concentrated Compost
- Provides the benefits of compost in a dry, concentrated form which minimizes transportation and application costs.
- Contains all primary, secondary and tertiary nutrients for plant growth eliminating the need to apply additional fertilizer.
- Adds approximately 10% humates by weight.
- Low Salt Index (6) requires no delay in planting following application.
- Supplies soil with 60% Organic Matter in the form of stabilized humus.
- Carbon: Nitrogen Ratio (9:1) ensures no N immobilization in soil.
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil.
- Enhances the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens.
- Improves and sustains soil health.
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH.
- Increases the soil’s C.E.C (cation exchange capacity).
- Improves soil structure, porosity, and stability leading to greater root development, infiltration, and soil micropores.
Always Safe for Plants, People, and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA-permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed/seed-free, no blood, bone, or meat products.
- The only organic allowed for export to over 50 countries worldwide.
- USDA NOP, COR, EU, and JAS organic compliant.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to the application site.
- Suståne will not attract flies, pests, or other insects.
- Suståne is fully composted - not sterilized; enhancing the soil environment for beneficial microbial populations.
Low Carbon Footprint
- Made from natural renewable agricultural resources, has a low carbon and greenhouse gasses (GHG) footprint.
- Suståne complies with regulatory mandate and exceeds most health and safety standards.
- The Suståne process avoids the generation of more significant greenhouse gasses such as methane and nitrous oxide.
- With Suståne the energy required to transport is reduce 4:1 per kg. vs. wet compost.
- Granulation simplifies handling allowing more accurate applications and stays where applied.
Suståne Integrated Soil Management Program:
Land Management, Native Restoration & Erosion Control Programs:
- For 60 lb. of N per acre apply 3,000 lb.
- For 80 lb. of N per acre apply 4,000 lb.
- For 120 lb. of N per acre apply 6,000 lb.
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 136 lb. per 1000 ft2 of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 90 lb. per 1000 ft2 of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 68 lb. per 1000 ft2 of bed
(Hydroseeding: Mix with water solution at a ratio of 4 lb. Suståne 2-3-3 to 1 gallon of water or 2 tons per 1,000 gallon tank)
Soil Remediation: For bio-remediation, forest re-establishment & extreme situations where top soil has been removed or badly damaged.
- Incorporate 136 lb per 1,000 ft2 into the damaged soil.
- Re-apply 60 to 90 days later at a rate of 68 lb. per 1,000 ft2.
Preparation for Landscapes and Remediation:
Suståne Concentrated Compost is intended as a general soil builder for broadcast application and improving soil organic matter levels, cation exchange capacity and enhancing and diversifying soil biological activity levels.
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 14 lb. per 100 ft2 of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil 10 lb. per 100 ft2 of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam 7 lb. per 100 ft2t of bed
|Total Nitrogen (N)||2.0%|
|0.2% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|0.2% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen|
|1.6% Water Insoluble Organic Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||3%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||3%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Carbon: Nitrogen (C:N)||9:1|
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||38|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||80%|
|Cation Exchange Capacity (C.E.C.)||104 meq/100g|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter and green waste compost.
*1.6% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter and green waste compost.
Available Particle Sizes:
- Screened to 100% < 0.25*
- 40 lb. covers 1000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 20 kg covers 100 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 40 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 200 g per 1 m2