Suståne® 8-2-4 is a natural organic slow-release fertilizer that provides a high amount of organic nitrogen for lasting plant nutrition.
|Label||Spec Sheet||MSDS||OMRI Certificate||WSDA Certificate|
Suståne 8-2-4 All-Natural Fertilizer promotes a rapid rate of vegetative establishment and growth. Quick ground cover minimizes soil erosion and the need for repairs or re-seeding. Suståne replenishes the soil with a rich supply of humus (stabilized organic matter) and all of the primary, secondary and minor nutrients essential for quality growth. Suståne 8-2-4 is derived from biologically stable compost plus natural potash and feather meal.
Suståne 8-2-4 All Natural Slow Release Nitrogen Fertilizer and soil builder provides 6 - 12 weeks of nitrogen in the organic slow-release form for plant establishment in environmentally sensitive areas and depleted soils. Suitable for revegetation projects, rapid vegetative establishment, erosion control, wetlands and watershed areas, native plant areas, dune and beach restoration, burn area reestablishment, mine site reclamation, oil/gas/coal right of ways and pipelines, highway roadside establishment, protected natural areas, forests, parks, and landscapes.
Benefits of Suståne 8-2-4
- Rich in humic acids
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil
- Strengthens plants tolerance against hot dry conditions
- Promotes greater root development
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH
- Increases the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens
- Increases soil porosity and stability for greater root development and water holding capacity
Always Safe for Plants, People, Pollinators and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed-free, no blood or bone products.
- Allowed for export to over 60 countries worldwide.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to the application site.
- Contains naturally occurring beneficial bacteria and fungi that are necessary to begin the nutrient life cycle in poor soil.
- Suståne is fully composted eliminating the need for sterilization, permitting a healthy environment for beneficial microbial populations.
- 50 lb. covers 4000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 22.67 kg covers 372 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 12.5 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 63 g per 1 m2
Land Management, Native Restoration & Erosion Control Programs:
- For 44 lb. of N per acre apply 550 lb.
- For 90 lb. of N per acre apply 1100 lb.
- For 130 lb. of N per acre apply 1700 lb.
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 10 lb. per 100 ft2 of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 7.5 lb. per 100 ft2 of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 5 lb. per 100 ft2 of bed
(Hydroseeding: Mix with water solution at a ratio of 4 lb. Suståne 8-2-4 to 1 gallon of water or 2 tons per 1,000 gallon tank)
Suståne Integrated Soil Management Program:
Turf Establishment, Seeding, New Lawn Construction, Laying Sod and Sprigging:
Suståne 8-2-4 is a complete package fertilizer containing Slow Release Nitrogen, chelated micronutrients, organic phosphorous, and humic substances. Suståne 8-2-4 has been demonstrated time and again to surpass synthetic turf starter fertilizers and other sources of humates and plant biostimulants.
Preplant - Broadcast and Incorporate into top 4 in. (5 cm) of soil
- 25 lb. per 1,000 ft2 or 2,200 lb. per acre
- 12.5 kg per 100 m2 or 1,250 kg per hectare
Postplant (45-60 days) - Broadcast and water in
- 12.5 lb. per 1,000 ft2 or 1,100 lb. per acre
- 6.25 kg per 100 m2 or 1,250 kg per hectare
Turfgrass & Landscape Maintenance:
Professional landscapers have increasingly turned to Suståne 8-2-4 for use on high maintenance turf and landscaped environments. While synthetic fertilizers supply plant growth nutrients, they do not supply the organic matter required to maintain quality growth. Using fully composted natural fertilizers increases the levels of beneficial microbial activity, which in turn converts nutrients into plant-available forms.
Warm Season Turf
- Athletic Fields, Parks and Lawncare
- Apply 4-7 times per season
- Spring and Fall - 12.5 lb. per 1,000 ft2
- Summer - 10 lb. per 1,000 ft2
Cool Season Turf
- Athletic Fields, Parks and Lawncare
- Apply 2-3 times per season
- 12.5 lbs. per 1,000 ft2
Soil Preparation For Beds
- Light, Sandy Soil: 10 lb. per 100 ft2
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 7.5 lb. ft2
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 5 lb. per 100 ft2
Bulk Density of Suståne 8-2-4:
|Rounded Measure (Volume)||Grams (weight)|
|Teaspoon (tsp)||Tablespoon (Tbsp.)||1 oz.||1/4 cup||1/2 cup||1 cup|
|Total Nitrogen (N)||8%|
|0.4% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|0.4% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen|
|7.2% Water Insoluble Organic Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||2%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||4%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Carbon: Nitrogen (C:N)||4:1|
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||38|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||90%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter, feather meal, and sulfate of potash.
*7.2% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter and feather meal
Available Particle Sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)
- Fine Grade, 100 SGN (1.4 mm - 0.6 mm)